Experienced Legal Support
Advanced Securities Consulting’s professionals have the technical expertise and extensive litigation support experience to assist parties involved in complex commercial litigation. Disputes involving extended and complicated transaction chains, securities lending, and repo are becoming more common. Litigants need experts like ASC who can make often esoteric financial concepts clear and understandable to laypersons, particularly jurors, judges, and boards of directors.
ASC also assists regulators in investigations, enforcement actions, and enforcement litigation.
Advanced Securities Consulting has provided expert witness testimony, analysis, and opinions in complex financial cases before courts throughout the US.
- US District Court for the Central District of California, Southern Division
- US District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Tampa Division
- US District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- US District Court for the District of Nebraska
- US District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- US District Court for the Southern District of New York
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Class Action Litigation Support
Class action litigation affecting financial firms often involves complex data, requiring the reconstruction of cash flows, billings, transactions, or lengthy and complex transaction chains. ASC provides the expertise necessary to piece together and reconstruct financial histories in a comprehensive, coherent format. ASC's extensive data, research, and statistical expertise are also instrumental in assisting litigants to place values on hard-to-mark trades and businesses.
Often, our analyses are integral to assisting lawyers to map out sound defense strategies, and the application of techniques used by ASC can be effective in ending class action suits in the summary judgment phase, well before the costs of protracted litigation are incurred.